A Journey to Grow a Little Food Close to Home



Friday, January 14, 2011

Did you order your seeds yet?

Winter is the perfect time to plan for this year's garden because...really...what is going on in the garden when it's covered in snow and ice?

Over the past few days we've looked at the coldest and warmest that a location will be. We've looked at frost dates. We explored seed starting techniques and, when rolling all of those together, we can see that in come parts of the country, starting some seeds as early as the end of January/beginning of February is a good idea.

So...did you buy your seeds yet?

I recommend Seed Saver's Exchange, Johnny's Seeds, Territorial Seeds, and Burpees.

I bought everything that I'll need earlier this week and I'll have all of the veggies I can eat for most of the year for under $100!! What a savings the garden can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment