A Journey to Grow a Little Food Close to Home



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peppers

I notice that I have focused on just a few of the veggies growing in the kitchen garden - pretty much the one's that are overwhelming me. There are many more, however, that are producing 'just right' which I would hate to neglect.

Last year, I planted two pepper plants in the lower garden and they did horrible. Knowing that peppers like heat, this year I planted two more close to the southern-facing house wall so they would get the x-tra puch that they hopefully needed. They are doing amazing!!

Here are the plants on their second round of production:


The peppers produced one round of veggies, took a short break, and then began producing again with what looks like about twice as many peppers as the first round.

These went on quesadillas last night


Yesterday, I also hacked off the chives (because they grow like weeds) and picked more tomatoes and a zuchinni. I think that I'm going to need to make some more pesto soon too - there's still enough time before winter for the basil to regrow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment